Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Eileen Pollack Gives Suggestions For Writer's Block For Poets & Writers


Four Way Books writer Eileen Pollack has been very successful with her latest book, Breaking and Entering. If you are a writer, you have probably experienced the dreaded "writer's block" from time to time. Poets & Writers asks writers like Eileen Pollack how they deal with this.

“When I'm stuck, I daydream my way back to a place that still holds a great deal of emotion for me, and a ritual that used to take place there, lingering on the objects that vibrate and glow with some hidden, deeper meaning I have yet to discover. (To get myself in the right frame of mind, I tend to reread work by Bruno Schulz.) Once I have recreated the ritual on the page, I think about what might happen to threaten or disrupt it."

To hear more about what Pollack recommends, click here. To check out Breaking and Entering and to order a copy, visit Four Way Books.